The main aims of the student association are underpinned within our strategic plan. We will always put our students at the forefront of any decision and act in their best interests to ensure that all West Lothian Students have a fantastic College experience.
Our Mission Statement: “Our Mission is to use a holistic approach; listening to our student’s needs, offering continued support and representing their views, in order to enrich their overall College experience and feel valued members of our community.” ‘Your Voice Only Louder’
Our Aims: To support and improve the way in which learners can impact their own learning and teaching; to ensure there is appropriate and sufficient support and representation for all of our learners; to ensure all learner views are listened to in an appropriate manner; to implement plans and processes, to ensure changes are made where appropriate; enhance health and wellbeing opportunities and promote support available; organise educational talks, workshops and events; to signpost to internal and external departments and partners; strengthen partnerships and provide an exceptional service which adds value to the Students and the College.
- We will act with honesty, integrity and in a confidential manner.
- We will only act in the best interests of the students.
- We will provide on-going support for our students which may include signposting to other suitable services.
- We will always promise to be helpful, answer all enquiries and respond to any query/comment within a timely manner (usually 5 working days).
- We promise to respect the views of others and value other’ opinions.
- We promise to always act in a non-discriminatory way.
- We promise that we will always represent the views and needs of our students through discussions and research of their views.
- We will strive to become sustainable by creating process, procedures and training materials.
- We will strive to become autonomous.
- We will strive to work in partnership with West Lothian College to ensure the best outcome for all of our Students.