Welcome to the Student Association Website
Welcome to the West Lothian College Students Association Website.
What do we do?
The main purpose of your Student Association is to represent students and to give every student a voice. The Student Association work in partnership with the College to ensure that Students are at the forefront of every decision. It is important for the Student Association to represent our Students best interests and therefore essential to speak to students, collect feedback and support students with college matters. The Student Association gathers feedback from the student body in a number of ways, we gain feedback on Learning and Teaching (what happens on your course). We have a number of Student volunteers called Ambassadors which help to support this process. The process is called SPARKLE, with the aim to make our College SPARKLE. We speak to you about your College experiences, we evaluate your responses and act on your behalf. We celebrate areas which are working really well and drive improvements to make things even better . In addition to listening to your needs, we represent your views and needs, attending meetings to represent student thoughts, ideas and improvements. The Student Association President and Vice President are also Board members, to ensure that there is Student representation at every level. The Student Association is also there to provide Help and Advice; Promote Jobs and Skills and support Social Opportunities (Events/Clubs and Societies) in order to support you whilst you’re on your College journey.
- We will act with honesty and integrity
- We will only act in the best interests of the students
- We will provide on-going support for our students which may include sign posting to other suitable services.
- We will always promise to be helpful, answer all enquiries and respond to any query/comment within a timely manner (usually 5 working days)
- We promise to respect the views of others and value other’ opinions
- We promise to always act in a non-discriminatory way
- We promise that we will always represent the views and needs of our students through discussions and research of their views
- We will strive to become sustainable by creating processes, procedures and training materials
- We will strive to become autonomous
- We will strive to work in partnership with West Lothian College to ensure the best outcome for all of our Students