Welcome to YOUR new Student Association Website
Welcome to the brand new West Lothian College Students Association Website.
What do we do?
The main purpose of your Student Association is to represent students and to give every student a voice. The Student Association takes feedback from the student body in a number of ways, we gain feedback on Learning and Teaching (what happens on your course) through the Class Ambassador system; we evaluate your responses in College Surveys such as SOCE (Student On Course Evaluation) and we speak to you directly. In addition to listening to your needs, we represent your views and needs, attending integral student meetings in order to provide student thoughts, ideas and improvements to College committees and up to Board level. The Student Association is also there to provide Help and Advice; Assist with Jobs and Skills and provide Social Opportunities (Events/Clubs and Societies) and support you whilst you’re on your College journey.
We launch and support College clubs and initiatives, Volunteering, Sporting activities and run events.
- We will act with honesty and integrity
- We will only act in the best interests of the students
- We will provide on-going support for our students which may include sign posting to other suitable services.
- We will always promise to be helpful, answer all enquiries and respond to any query/comment within a timely manner (usually 5 working days)
- We promise to respect the views of others and value other’ opinions
- We promise to always act in a non-discriminatory way
- We promise that we will always represent the views and needs of our students through discussions and research of their views
- We will strive to become sustainable by creating processes, procedures and training materials
- We will strive to become autonomous
- We will strive to work in partnership with West Lothian College to ensure the best outcome for all of our Students